. . . living a life of love, inspiration and quality.

Monday, July 30, 2012

My Front Porch


I love to spray paint anything, and now there are so many colors and textures, you can update anything easily. For some time, I have wanted to replace my front porch light fixtures. They are a sort of golden color that looks old and dated.  Since I do like the design but not the color, I decided to spray paint them.

Here are the before pictures.  The fixtures are dull and disappear into the brick.  



My husband took the fixtures down for me. I simply cleaned the glass and fixtures and applied two coats of black Rustoleum spray paint.  The whole project took less than an hour, and they look brand new.  I like the black against the brick. The front door is next.  The big "G" is not working!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosemary! Oh, that was a smart decision! Your lights look beautiful and do look brand new. Thank you so much for popping in to see me and I'm so glad you liked my wall of pictures! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Miss Southern Prep said...

Those look so good! The black definitely pops more!