. . . living a life of love, inspiration and quality.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

40 Random Things About Me


1.      I could gladly stay up ‘till 2:00 and sleep ‘til 12:00 the next morning.
2.      I love children but have only one child (my doctor says it’s because I’m a teacher).
3.      I eat a strict paleo diet 
4.       I like cleaning house and find it therapeutic
5.       My favorite flower is the daffodil.  I love flowers and try to keep fresh flowers in the house at all times
6.       When I was pregnant, I sang lullabies to my baby girl.
7.        I like to cook but hate when it becomes a chore
8.       I  don’t have a middle name
9.       I  love reading magazines like Victoria and Southern Lady
10.   Dixie Carter was my hero.
11.   My hair is most likely all gray since I’ve been coloring since I was 27.
12.   Emeralds are my favorite gem.
13.   I don’t like bugs and will wake my husband from a deep sleep to kill one. 
14.    I have only a few but dearly loved friends.
15.   I will spend good money for a good brie cheese.
16.    am typing this right now at 12:30 at night
17.   I believe your actions and behavior are your best sermon.
18.   I hate (hate is a strong word) dislike reality TV shows.
19.   I  love to organize anything
20.   Cooking shows relax me
21.   You will never see me in public in my pajamas
22.    I chew my gum in private
23.    I love a good foot rub
24.    I don’t drink or smoke (awwww... angel wings)
25.   Mango is my favorite fruit
26.   I will not wear flip flops to work but I have really cute feet.
27.   I believe teaching is a calling
28.   Scrabble is my favorite board game.
29.   My mother pierced my ears when I was 13.
30.   I love all music that is remotely poetic
      31.   Can easily tan but choose not to - lots of sun block here. 

32.   My birthdays make me a little sad. 
33.   I am thankful everyday but would rather skip Thanksgiving.
34.   Friday 13th is my lucky day
35.   Am a little obsessive about my health
36.   I love reading blogs more than Facebook
37.   I have no problem saying “no” to my child and don’t understand why other parents struggle with this one.
38.   I have a cat and two dogs - I’m an equal opportunity pet owner.
39.   ASPCA commercials make me cry.
40.   I love the first cup of coffee in the morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh about your cleaning comment. There is something 'good' in cleaning. Whenever I am angry or upset, my home smells of cleaning products. Makes the world alright again! I also agree that nothing beats the first cup of coffee in the morning. Amen to that!

I'm your newest follower and cannot wait to read along with you.

http://findingfernweh.blogspot.com/

Miss Southern Prep said...

I love organizing, too! Something about it calms me!

Michelle said...

I do think we could be great friends....well, except for the mango and brie! LOL